“The way you spend your time is a result of the way you see your time and the way you really see your priorities.”
I love the start of the New Year. It’s a fresh page, a time to regroup and set new goals for the upcoming year. I get to break out a new planner and start dreaming, and then form a plan of action. This exercise helps me to think about my values, and then align my schedule, my plan for my life, to match.
This fall I realized that I have become too busy and overscheduled. I was struck with the idea that life is flying by. Our children are getting older, and the time we have left with them still as children is slipping away. That time is precious, and we won’t be able to get it back. I also realized that the summer had past without taking a vacation, and that I didn’t want to repeat that mistake again!
I came up with a list of goals, both personal and business related, and then set about prioritizing them into my calendar. Each morning I review them as I plan out my day, making sure to keep them at the forefront of my mind.
A few of the goals that I have set for myself for 2019 are:
- Keep God first
- Pray the rosary every day of 2019
- Summer vacation at the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes along the shores of Lake Michigan
- Plan a Reece’s Rainbow fundraiser (plans include sparkly mica bath bombs!)
- Show our customers my appreciation
- Plan fun family activities – so far we have two trips to Florida, ski racing, our Frankfort trip, and a visit to Kevin’s family planned
- Read at least one nonfiction book per month
- Exercise at least 3 times per week (T-Tapp is one of my favorites!)
- Konmari my basement – the last holdout of clutter in the house
I am excited to align my schedule with my goals to be able to plan them out. I am looking forward to living them as the year progresses. Have you taken the time to plan out your upcoming year? What do you want to make sure to include? What things do you want to remove from your life?